Hiring a Personal Assistant
After careful review determine which applicant you want to choose as your personal assistant. Prior to hiring them you may want to do the following:
- Complete a background check.
- Call them to ask if there is any obstacle to them starting on a certain day/time.
- Ask them to review the contract agreement (if you desire to formalize the arrangement).
- Answer any questions they may have.
When you are ready to hire your personal assistant be sure to do the following:
- Call and offer them the position.
- Set up a time to give them more details about the job.
- Review the job requirements.
- Arrange a day/time for them to start.
- Have them fill out the contract agreement (if applicable).
Keep in mind that you may hire your personal assistant on a trial basis. For example, you may hire them for a three month probationary period. After the probationary period ends, you can make the decision to continue their employment based on their job performance.